Malta attracts not only numerous tourists, but also owners of large businesses, as well as wealthy individuals. Malta allows you to obtain resident status for the applicant and his family members through an economic contribution to the development of the island. An increasing number of individuals with large capital are considering investment migration in search of more favorable conditions for life and business expansion.
At the moment, there are 2 programs that may be of interest to customers:
- THE MALTA INDIVIDUAL INVESTOR PROGRAMME
The main advantages of obtaining Maltese citizenship are:
- Obtaining European citizenship and all relevant rights;
- Visa-free travel to more than 160 countries of the European Union, as well as South Africa, Switzerland, the USA and many others;
- In addition to the main applicant, the status is granted to his relatives, including adult children and parents of both spouses;
- The possibility of dual citizenship and the absence of requirements for compulsory residence in the country;
- Favorable taxation system;
- Great opportunities for international business.
Individual Investment Programme’s Requirements:
To become a citizen of Malta, you must first obtain an electronic residence permit card and own it for 12 months (this does not mean that you need to live on the island all this time). A residence permit is granted to those who make a cash contribution to the Malta National Development Fund in the amount of 650,000 Euros + 25,000 Euros for spouses and minor children and 50,000 Euros for elderly parents and dependent children aged 18-26 years (contribution to the state fund is irrevocable). In addition, you must:
- Rent a house/flat, the payment for which will not be less than 16,000 Euros per year or to purchase real estate in the amount of 350,000 Euros;
- Invest in local securities (governmental companies, or companies registered in Malta) in the amount of at least 150,000 Euros;
- Get an international health insurance policy (from 50,000 Euros per applicant and each member of his family);
- Pass a thorough due diligence check and pay all costs associated with this procedure (main applicant – 7,500 Euros, spouse – 5,000 Euros, each child aged 0-17 years – 3,000 Euros, each child aged 18 -26 years and parents from 55 years old – 5 000 Euro).
The terms for obtaining a passport is 12 – 14 months.
- MALTA RESIDENCY & VISA PROGRAMME
The MRVP program offers permanent residence rights to citizens of 3 countries and their families in Malta, a visa-free regime in the Schengen area. This scheme is not available for EU / EEA citizens and Swiss citizens. Also, the applicant must be over 18 years old and not have a criminal record in his country.
The main advantages of obtaining a permanent place of residence (permanent residence) under this program are:
- The right to stay in Malta for an indefinite period;
- Residence permit in the EU, allowing without a visa to travel in the Schengen zone of Europe;
- 5 years of permanent residence, with the possibility of extension for an indefinite period;
- Investments required only for the first 5 years;
- Family and children are also entitled to permanent residence.
MALTA RESIDENCY & VISA Programme’s Requirements:
- To have an annual income outside Malta in the amount of 100,000 Euros (for the main applicant) or own capital of at least 500,000 Euros (financial solvency is confirmed by bank statements);
- To invest in at least 250,000 Euro in government bonds (after 5 years, you can sell bonds without losing anything);
- Own real estate in Malta with a value of 320,000 Euros or rent a property with a rent of 12,000 Euros per year. Ownership or lease term must be maintained for at least 5 years;
- Obtain a health insurance policy valid in the EU and necessarily issued in Malta with coverage in the amount of from 50,000 Euros;
- Undergo a series of due diligence checks to verify compliance with the criteria of good faith (the purpose of this procedure is to ensure that the applicant does not pose risks to the Malta’s economy);
- Pay state fees and administrative fees in the amount of 30 000 Euro;
The terms for obtaining a residence card is 4 – 6 months.
Learn more about the procedure for obtaining permanent residence and citizenship in Malta, as well as related by calling TBP LTD consultants at +357 22222 066 or email: email@example.com.